Puerto Rico Medical Board License Service
If you have tried to contact the Puerto Rico Medical Board, then you have discovered that just getting someone on the phone is a supernatural event. The Board doesn't answer emails or answer their phone. If you are able to have someone at the Board answer the phone, the chances are that that person cannot help you and that you will be told to call back and speak to another person who can. The Puerto Rico Medical Board does not have a website that works or an online application.
Due to the problems with the lack of professionalism and basic customer service with the Puerto Rico Medical Board, MedLicense.com is no longer handling license applications with Puerto Rico. The only way we will handle the process for our clients is if the physician agrees to obtain all updates directly from the Puerto Rico Medical Board.
Additional Puerto Rico Medical Board Licensing Information:
- The fee paid to Puerto Rico is $1250.00
- You will need two licensed Puerto Rico Physicians to complete the Puerto Rico Medical Board Reference Form. The best source for this requirement typically can be found in the facility/employer in Puerto Rico which is requesting that you apply for a license with the Puerto Rico Medical Board
- The process with the Puerto Rico Medical Board typically cycles on a bi-weekly basis. As such updates are going to have an accuracy of 14 days give or take. Updates can only be obtained when we send our staff member to the Board to meet with the Board.
- The Puerto Rico Medical Board is very inefficient. As such they lose 20-25% of the mail sent to them. This causes delays. The process grinds slowly with this medical board and as such has to be built into the expected time frame for issuance of the Medical License
- The Fee which MedLicense.com charges for Puerto Rico is $1699.00. This is double the fee for the Licensure process for any other Medical Board in the USA. The reason for this is that we have a much higher base line cost to handle the process for Puerto Rico due to the unique requirements of the Puerto Rico Medical Board process.
License Verifications Sent By Mail from the Medical Board:
Used for State Medical Licensing Applications
We are now offering Direct License verification of Puerto Rico Medical Licenses and Examination Scores to Physicians, Hospitals, and Employers. To initiate this process here are the steps which must be taken: 1- The Physicians Puerto Rico License # 2- Submit the online service request 3 - Mail in the Signed/Dated form/request from the Physician.
In order to complete this transaction you must provide the Physician's Medical License Certificate - This Document is Titled (click here to see an example of this Certificate) - "Certification of Registry and Medical Education". If you do not have a copy of the certificate, you can provide us with the Registry Number.
Once all three are received, the request will be forwarded to the Puerto Rico Medical Board. Weekly updates will be given as to the status of the request. If the verification is lost in transit from Puerto Rico to the Medical Board or Institution who will receive the verification, it will be resent at no charged to you. Here is our price matrix for Puerto Rico Based Services is as follows:
- Puerto Rico License Verification by Mail $179.00
- Puerto Rico License Verification by Email $59.00 ** Only available for Active Licenses - Inactive/Expired Licenses must use $179 option **
- Puerto Rico Examination Scores $179.00
- PR Hospital/Employment Verifications $149.00
- PR College/Med School Verifications $179.00
License Verifications Sent by E-Mail:
Used for Employment, Hospital, Insurance Credentialing
The cost of this service is $59.00. The turn around time is 2-3 business days. All submitted orders are final and no refunds will be given. This service is only available for Active Licenses. Inactive/Expired Licenses must use $179 full service.
How does our Emailed Puerto Rico Verification Work?
- Submit your order through our website
- Email a copy of the Doctor's Physician's Medical License Certificate - "Certification of Registry and Medical Education"
- MedLicense.com will access the Puerto Rico system and email the direct source/real time verification to your email
- Most State Medical Boards will not accept an emailed verification from PR. For State Licensing Applications - you need the $179 service. The $59 service is primarly utilized for Employment, Insurance, and Hospital Credentialing
You must provide your Puerto Rico License Number & Registry Number with the order form. If you do not provide this, the order will not be processed.